"I love you, but..."
While there's something to be said for love and romance, they so very rarely meet the expectations we hold for them. So why try to fool ourselves with sweet treats and misleading lyrics? They just set the bar too high. Here's a mix I put together to celebrate The True Meaning of Valentine's Day. I think you'll find it much more realistic.
1. Debra - Beck
2. Until the Real Thing Comes Along - Billie Holiday
3. Good Thing He Can't Read My Mind
- Christine Lavin
4. You're the Reason Our Kids are Ugly
- Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn
5. My Funny Valentine - Chet Baker
6. Kind Hearted Woman - Robert Johnson
7. Ilovetoloveyourlovemylove - Self
8. When I Change your Mind - Cherry Poppin' Daddies
9. Saw Red - Brad Nowell
10. It's Not Love but It's Not Bad - Merle Haggard
11. Buggly Eyes - NoFX
Bonus Track: Get Your Biscuits In the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed - Kinky Friedman, 2006 Gubernatorial Candidate of Texas. Seriously.